Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ok, I lied. I haven't taken a photo every day like I said I would. Guess I wasnt that motivated. Anyway, I'm moving in 9 days. 9 DAYS! I'm freaking out a little bit, I think that's normal though, right? I mean, I'm moving away from my closest friends and family to a whole new town IN ANOTHER STATE. I am a very adaptable person but fear I will get extremely homesick which would probably only happen because I've never lived out of home before. There are things my family do which have made me want to pack up and move sooner, but when it comes down to it, i'm so comfortable and that is reason one why I should move. I cannot get married and be relying on my parents all the time, and I think it will build my relationship with my parents. I'm already really close with my mum and dad, but when you're living with them they can annoy the heck out of you! I am also freaking out because I can't stand being unorganised and moving with no job is, to me, unorganised. But it is allowing me to go through my options more; do I want another full time job? No, I'm studying full time and need a break this year to finish my major successfully. Will I be able to spend time doing something I am passionate about? Yes, I will be able to volunteer at the RSPCA. Animals are my number 1 passion closely followed by film. So, moving is not that bad. Plus, I have the added bonus of seeing my fiance everyday instead of every 6 weeks!

I have paid for the flowers for the wedding. I ordered custom made silk flowers because I don't particularly trust the type of flowers Fijians would use in a bridal/bridesmaid bouquet. I've imagined bright oranges and reds, which wouldn't go with anything. 6 months to go :)

I am trying to write two articles for a magazine, but so far I've only written one and have been doubting myself over its quality. What if it's not good enough? I only know creative writing, short stories that I leave on my laptop because they're possibly too weird for my friends to read. This is where I slap myself in the face and say SHUTUP and get on with it, just WRITE girl. Sometimes, you just need to hit yourself, wouldn't you agree? I am also working on a film script at the moment, I think it's turning out quite good :)

Had an idea the other week that I would make a fantastic stylist, this idea was fuelled by watching 'Trinny & Susannah' on foxtel. I thought it would be easy, until I realised that I can't even walk properly in high heels so what customer would trust a stylist who can't walk in high heels? "Here, try these on! They're amazing and would look great with that dress" "But....you can't walk in heels so why are you giving me advice?"
Mission no 1: Learn how to not wobble like a penguin when walking in heels.
My friend and I went shopping the other weekend, tried on these huge heels, bought them for motviation and now I am going to learn how to walk in them! I promise to document the experience. Then maybe I can think more about becoming a stylist to the clothing misfits of the world.

I would also like to point out that over the knee boots should NEVER under any circumstances be accepted into society; I have absolutely NO idea how they have weedled their way into magazines such as Vogue. Honestly, I put them on the same horrible level as Crocs. Yes, those hideous plastic looking what-the-hell-are-they-wearing shoes. Below the knee boots, people! Over the knee boots are a five second fad just like those plastic bands that everyone was wearing 8 years ago around their wrists. Do not wear them around me. Do not tell me you bought some. They cannot be done without looking cheap, heel or no heel. Here's a link; I love Kate Moss she usually looks great but this is proof that even supermodels look ridiculous in them. http://scienceblogs.com/isisthescientist/upload/2009/10/so_what_does_outreach_by_scien/kate_moss-over-knee-boots1.jpg

They were 'in fashion' a few years ago and quickly disappeared after a few weeks, spend your money on something you will wear for a few years.

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment